Monday, June 27, 2005

Juhannus

Thursday:

Hanged out in Java with Ville, Leena, Lyn and Dark; then went to the Koff park where Anu and Id were waiting for us. After the sunset went to William K. and then Teerenpeli. Had fun, was tired, went home by 2.

Friday:

Grilling in Munkkiniemi. The liquid diet does not quite hold due to the fact that sparkling wine is notoriously hard to grill. Jari and Tommi made a big campfire in the grill, but luckily some guys donated us their used disposable grill which was hot and which we used until our grill was cold enough to use. In the end of the night the same guys also brought us flowers. Nice.

Joonas taught me to eat grilled bananas with chocolate. I also found out that lemon tagine spice paste mixed with yogurt makes a rather good marinade.

Met an American phonetician who understands Finnish but does not speak it, and who thinks that Bostonians are assholes. When I begged to disagree he said that I am not the real thing, but I bet that if I turned out to be an asshole he'd consider me to be a real Bostonian well enough.

Red wine is good.

Saturday:

Went to Killeri's place and grilled there. Lots of meat and sparkling wine. Not gonna drink any sparkling wine ever again.

Evil Jero stole my sausage.

When we were leaving the match between Anu and car seat ended 0-1, with the car seat winning and Anu falling on her ass. Everyone, especially Anu, laughed so hard that our stomachs hurt. We went to Leena and Ville's place and had some more to eat and drink. I managed to miss the last bus (it left earlier than usual), and what ensued was a very embarassing race to get me to Leppävaara in time for the last train, which they (Anu and her brother Kalle) did.

On the train met a funny woman from Kuopio with hair extensions and a martial art hobby.

Sunday:

Went with Killeri to Kärkölä to see Viu and Tapio and got lost on the way, but finally managed to get there. Had a very nice afternoon with more bratwurst than I ever thought four humans can eat. They have a really cute and funny little puppy now, a jack russell terrier. Yeah, and nine horses, too. And 12 cats of their own and 2 guest cats.

Now I know what female horses do when they are horny.

At some point we gave hay to the horses, and for the first time in my life I used a pitchfork, but nobody took any pictures of it so nobody can prove anything.

Took lots of pictures every day. They are on the home server, the participants and friends can ask me for an URL. I'll put some of them on the public server in any case as soon as I have time.

No comments: