Thursday, March 03, 2005

Music taste

Yesterday we had a game session, and then we hanged out with Anu for a while. One of the topics of the conversation was my music taste.

I like the stuff that we defined as "finnhits and homodisco". I rarely meet other people who admit to liking the same stuff, and yet this is exactly the kind of music that most people choose to sing in karaoke, and that fills a dance floor in discos.

Anu thinks that much of this difference between what people say and what people do is due to the fact that when discussing their music tastes people usually talk about what they listen to at home, and a lot of people like finnhits and homodisco at parties and discos but do not listen to it at home. This is probably true, but this is not the whole story - I have often run into other people's overt disapproval when mentioning that I like this kind of music. I wonder why.

No comments: