Monday, January 24, 2005

Pad ads and pregnancy tests

Why is it when they advertise pads or tampons they use blue liquid? If there is something blue coming out of your pussy the choice of the optimal pad brand is not your most urgent problem.

One thing I should have written about a while ago but forgot: last time I bought a pregnancy test, some other brand of tests had a big ad on each box "Ilmainen lahja: Vauva, normaali arvo 5.50" ("Free gift: Baby, normal price 5.50"). It took me a while to realize that they are offering the magazine called "Baby".

Excuse me, I know that I am not a poster child for political correctness myself, but isn't this a bit insensitive? I mean, not every user of a pregnancy test is hoping for the kind of result that would make them want to buy a baby magazine. I think this free gift would have kind of pissed me off if the test came out positive. In fact it pisses me off even though the test came out negative and I bought another brand anyway. Shouldn't at least some of the tests have an abortion services brochure as a free gift instead? I think it is too much to hope for an abortion magazine with a cutesy name, such as Scrapety-scrape or Uterus Cleaners.


No comments: