Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hey, at least clothes are still allowed

Four and a half years ago I was laughing when certain people on Usenet were saying that soon the only things one is allowed to have on a plane is a passport and a wallet in a transparent plastic bag.

Well, much as I hate to admit it, it certainly looks like the joke is on me.

UK is on the highest terrorist alert, US is on a heightened alert too. The terrorists planned to blow up a number of planes going from the UK to the US. Since I travel that way failry often I sort of find it difficult not to take it personally.

18 terrorists have been arrested so far. I am sure they all represent, well, broad strata of British society.

In the name of all the air travellers I would like to thank the terrorists for not stuffing the explosives up their asses. Just imagine those checkups.

No comments: