Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend: parties and hangovers

On Friday VPK and Nng came over, and we had a lot of red wine and brownies. Was a lot of fun, should probably do this more often (I mean see VPK and Ning. I probably should not have red wine and brownies more often than I do now).

On Saturday Kikka and Hukka had a housewarming party somewhere in deep Espoo. The house is really nice, and the party was fun and the chocolate things were numerous and the cats were cute, and, more importantly, hypoallergenic. Kikka makes the best chocolate drinks ever.

After the party I decided to go home, but Sampo who was in the same bus, managed to seduce Anu and me to the dark side. The dark side was in Uusi at some biological fossil party (where "fossil" is defined as anybody who started at 2001 or earlier). I thought I was the most ancient fossil there, but Sampo dug out another one and introduced me to him. I was not sure whether going there was a good idea, because in my experience such parties tend towards big crowds, bad beer and bad air, but in fact it was quite fun, especially after the crowd became much smaller afer the last buses. The air was bad though, with a number of people smoking where they are not supposed to, and then there was the problem of not knowing any biologists, so I concentrated on watching cute guys, of which there was a number. There was one really cute one, but I figured that the combination of my sexual market value and blood alcohol level wouldn't be enough to make asking him to bed in any way feasible. (He looked like a guy who is very well aware both of his beauty and of the fact that there are a lot more girl biologists than boy biologists.) I decided to visit computer science students party sometime soon. They tend to have a lot of cute guys who have not realized how cute they are yet.

Anyway, when the smoke started to annoy me I went home, but it was kind of fun and should go to the student parties more often.

Spent Sunday at home being somewhat hung over. Tried to catch up on some sleep, and was so successful that managed to fall asleep only about at 4 o'clock at night.

No comments: