Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Mehiläinen weirdness

Probably should have written about it a while ago, because the whole situation is over, but better late than never:

I went to Mehiläinen sometime in June, and it was a work-insurance visit that Endero was supposed to pay for. In December I suddenly got a bill for that. I called Mehiläinen and told them to send the bill to Endero. They told me that they cannot because I do not work there anymore and that I should pay and then demand the money from Endero, or send the bill to Endero myself, or whatever. I told them that I did work for Endero at the time of the visit, isn't that enough? They said that no, it isn't. They also refused to tell me whom I should contact in Endero about this.

Wasn't a big deal in the end, and I did send the bill to Endero and they did pay it, but just on general principle: is it supposed to work like this? Is it normal for Mehiläinen (or any other workplace health services provider) to charge for the services 6 months after the services and send the bill to the patient rather than to the employer? What would have happened if the employer went out of business during that time? I tried to look this up on the net, but did not find anything.

While we are on the topic of dealing with various companies: Instrumentarium has replaced the wrong contacts they sent me, and they were very nice and apologetic about it. And fast, too.

No comments: