Thursday, December 20, 2007

Lt. Frank Drebin visits Angola

Remember Lt. Frank Drebin, the hilarious moron from The Naked Gun? Remember his conversation with the mayor:

Mayor: Now Drebin, I don't want any trouble like you had on the South Side like last year, that's my policy.
Frank: Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in front of a full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy.
Mayor: That was a Shakespeare In The Park Production of Julius Caesar, you moron! You killed five actors! Good ones!


Well, apparently the moron is alive and well in Angola.

A police unit in Luanda saw a movie being shot in some crime-ridden neighborhood, apparently mistook the actors for real armed robbers, and shot and killed two actors, and wounded three. I guess the armed robbers in Angola always do it with the movie cameras and a crowd of onlookers. Must be their culture or something.

The police had been warned about the filming, but the shooters appeared to belong to an elite unit. I see.

No comments: