Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hurrah! Hurrah! Toilet!

They fixed my toilet now! I haven't tested it the hard way yet, but at least the water comes through.

This morning I had a plumber come in and install the dishwasher connectors. He was supposed to come at 8, and finally came a bit after 9:30. He looked like a British football hooligan, only a lot more so. He was a small young guy, covered with tattoos, with an almost-shaved head, and his face looked like somebody gave him a good beating yesterday. I just hoped that the beating was not a disgrunted customer's comment on the results of his work.

To his credit I must say that his facial expression did not remind of the football hooligans but of a regular guy in the end of a long workday. He also did everything he was supposed to do, and fairly quickly. Haven't checked if it works yet, but I see no reason why it shouldn't.

No comments: