Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mikko's and Meira's wedding

17:00 Gaah! Gaah! Clothes! I don't have anything to wear! Gonna wear some ordinary clothes and put some makeup and huge earrings on to look all festive. Also probably socks or something.

17:10 How come I own 28 lipsticks and none of them look right on me?

17:20 Where are all the ordinary clothes though? Where? Where? And where is all the underwear?

18:00 Am there. Elevator is broken as usual. Bugger.

Mikko and Meira look lovely and also quite happy. I figure the actual ceremony must have gone well. Everyone else (other than myself, I mean) is nicely dressed, and there are relatives all over in scary numbers. The kitchen party is already in full swing, and there is some really good chocolate cake. Meira! Meira! Post the recipe!

Sampo is supposed to have our gift with him, but he is not there yet. Bugger.

Risto is awfully cute when he is taking care of the cat. Almost like from some advertisement featuring a mother and a baby, but much cuter.

Laura (Mikko's sister) is very beautiful. She is not the only very beautiful person in there, but apparently I see her rarely enough to be impressed every time.

18:15 Sampo is still not there. Tiuku says he was supposed to come about 6. I guess 6:15 is sorta about 6.

Rita is also not there, so I can't ask her to catch all the theologists who are supposed to sign the gift. This, however, is a problem secondary to not being able to locate the actual gift, or Sampo.

The Harmonia people come in. Having Nea and Ronja and Sauli's kid (I still don't remember whether he is Titus or Tiitus) and later also Taika and Lumo around reminds me once again how the five of them together make about three orders of magnitude less noise than one particular kid I could mention but probably shouldn't.

Am very proud of myself for not commenting on Teemu's new hairstyle, especially since everyone else did. People should always mention new dramatic hairstyle changes on IRC, so that one can brace oneself and avoid commenting. (Or, in the case of some people, for example myself, should always mention new color oon IRC because otherwise nobody would ever notice.)

18:30 Sampo is still not there. Panic! Panic! Need a drink. Except that should not get drunk until all the participants signed the gift.

19:00 Sampo is still not there and not answering the phone. Panic! Doom! Gonna get eaten by 40 or so people waiting to sign the damn thing. Feel a lot of sympathy for Leena who usually organizes group gifts.

Gonna spank Sampo publicly if and when he arrives.

19:30 Sampo has been located and will be there in half an hour. I won't believe it until I see it. Should probably leave spanking him to Tiuku, although I'm afraid he will like it.

Remind me never to organize anything with the help of a mathematician. Even a cute blond one pretending to be a biologist.

20:00 Sampo finally arrives, and the gift gets signed and I check that it gets signed by everyone. Oooh. Can relax and get drunk now.

The rest of the party was very nice and a lot more relaxed for me. The sheer number of people was overwhelming, but it's a big apartment. Did not get any allergic reaction to cats, either.

The chocolate cake kept being resurrected every time it got eaten. Delicious... Got some cake and some wine and did not even spank Sampo, so there.

Too bad forgot all about having a camera and did not take pictures of Meira in her wedding dress, Mjr in a really cute t-shirt and Risto with the cats.

No comments: