Friday, May 26, 2006

Just how fucked in the head can one be?

This is just too funny. (via Jihad Watch) First blasphemous cartoons, then blasphemous ice cream. In fact I think the ice cream happened first, this is just an old interview.

For those unfamiliar with the blasphemous ice cream: last fall Burger King in UK made ice cream cones that featured a picture of an ice cream swirl on the wrapper. The swirl happened to look somewhat similar the Arabic spelling of Allah, and a number of Muslims were offended as usual.

The interview is an interview with a particularly offended young man. "That was the defining moment of my life," - he says of the moment when he saw the terrifying blasphemous cone. " I want to humiliate the person who did this to an extent that he never works again. I’m going to make him see that it was the biggest mistake in his life." "I’m going to bring this country down."

Usually I post such things as shining examples of religious peacefulness, but in this case I have a feeling that British mental health services, or lack thereof, also have something to answer for.

No comments: