Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The weekend: pikkujoulut and being sociable

We had pikkujoulut on Friday at work. First a meeting and chocolate cake (am never eating any chocolate cake ever again), then Megazone (I figured that after 6 year's break I would suck horribly at it, but in fact was 4th in a group of 19), then Cantina West (their lamb thingie has changed since spring: a lot smaller and with a different sauce, but just as good). Was a very nice evening even though some people ran away very early.

On Saturday Anu came over. We had some sparkling wine and then explored the attic, and then I woke up with a new wardrobe (not the clothes but the thing to hang them in) that I don't know where to put and a slight hangover.

On Sunday Heli came over and we had some tea, but she ran away very early (she lives very far away) and I went to Ville's and Leena's place where Ville showed us a most perverse American propaganda movie from 1943 where they said how lovely it was in the USSR. One look at that cinematographic masterpiece was enough to make me rethink my decision not to drink ever again.

Probably should go to Megazone more often (once or twice a week?): it's a good workout. Expensive, but what isn't? Running around shooting at people with a laser gun is a lot more fun than going to the gym.

New things tried:

Chapel Hill sparkling one: good
Cantina West cheesecake: bad (not objectively bad, but creamy and lemony in the way that I do not like)

No comments: