Monday, June 23, 2008

Better now

Not dripping from any orifice for a change, although my throat is still sore. Spent all the Juhannus at home. On Sunday I was probably already in the condition to grill something, but nobody else was anymore.

In the meanwhile I found various pieces of hardware from all over my place, assembled a computer that needed assembling, installed a scanner that needed installing, used a vacuum cleaner (no, I am not dying, seriously, was just sort of bored) and sorted out Turkey and Paris pictures.

Last month in Paris I broke my long-term moratorium on buying music CDs, and bought Les Fatals Picards' latest CD, Public. Now I finally ripped it and am listening. I don't even remember when was the last time when I'd been so satisfied with a CD. I highly recommend it.

BTW: does anyone use actual CD players anymore, as opposed to ripping the CD and listening to it on you computer or mp3 player? The whole idea seems so quaint somehow.

No comments: