Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A good evening with good people, and a hangover

Yesterday Glenn and Iain came over for a few drinks. It was a lot of fun, and the guys were great. I rarely start liking people so much so fast, and now I am a bit sad that for the most part they live in London where I am not likely to see them very often. Well, gotta drink with them some more while they are still here.

After they left I called Anu and she turned out to be in downtown and came over. We opened a bottle of sparkling wine, which in retrospect was a bad idea, or at least I shouldn't've drunk any. After having such a good head start one really should not continue with sparkling wine, and I ended up on my knees praying to the Great White Porcelain God in Norwegian.

I am glad that in my old age I have learned to throw up in the toilet in a clean and ladylike way, as opposed to, say, throwing up all over Keski-Suomalainen Osakunta's club in an uncivilized way.

I passed out in my bed and woke up at half past four to have some tea and take my contacts out. Ugh.

A good friend of mine has always said that one should always be hung over at work rather than at home, because then at least somebody is paying you for it. There is deep wisdom in that, and I came to work a bit earlier than usual.

No comments: