Friday, July 04, 2008

Independence Day

Damn. It's Independence Day, and I am stuck here and not even having a day off. Oh well, at least it's sunny and I can grill something.

It's my choice, anyway, because I don't like being in Boston in summer, but I still miss it. Finnish Independence Day is unfortunately a totally different thing, because Finns got their independence without slightest consideration for whether or not it would be convenient for future generations to celebrate it by grilling outside. I guess they had other priorities, but I would still drink to the wisdom of the Founding Fathers, who founded our nation in July. They probably also had a barbecue.

Happy Independence Day, in case there is some crazy American who is reading my blog today instead of grilling.

No comments: