Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Feeling better

The personal crisis is starting to be over, although it is not quite over till it's totally over. I've been feeling better (as in happier) since Friday, but am still tired and could not sleep much. Better luck tonight, I think.

Saw Pia on Thursday, and she brought a friend who is a rather interesting person. Gotta see them sometimes soon, except that there is really no unsceduled time this week or the next. Saw Sini too, and we went to see Hotel Rwanda, which I liked quite a lot.

Saturday we had some sparkling wine outside with Anu and declared the beginning of the picnic season. Then we went to Antti's housewarming party but I was so behind on my sleep that I started passing out and went home early. Went to bed at 11, woke up at 5 for some dumb reason.

Saw Marja and Hannu yesterday. Was supposed to provide emotional support with packing but was just chatting and feeding them chocolate, although Marja said that this does count as emotional support. The place gave me a very strong sense of deja vu. They, on the other hand, fed me a little bit of really good ice cream. It's some Estonian caramel ice sream, and it is available, according to them, in Kannelmäki's S-market, and probably in some other S-markets (though not in the downtown S-market). We (the royal we here) declare this to be our favorite ice cream in Finland now. I feel like doing a thorough search of S-markets and looking for this ice cream, but cannot as do not have a freezer worthy of it (it is sold in 1.9 liter containers). OTOH have just got my salary today and therefore maybe can purchase a used freezer.

Made a chocolate cake and feed it to coworker. Every time I make a chocolate cake there is probably at least 100 nutritionists crying somewhere.

No comments: