Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Shit, and I thought I'd seen everything (Running on karma)

Saw Running on Karma yesterday. I'd thought I'd seen everything, but that movie treated me to a view of Andy Lau with huge fake muscles like Schwarzenegger's but a lot bigger, which was a sight too terrifying for any human being to behold. The shock was not helped any by the fact the he was totally naked several times in the movie, and also by his acting, which imitated Conan the Barbarian so many times that I started wondering whether he was speaking Cantonese with an Austrian accent, too.

For those who don't know, Andy Lau is a pocket-sized Chinese guy with pretty eyes and fairly nice-looking face, who also happens to be a pretty good actor when he is not trying to imitate Conan the Barbarian. Just imagine putting twice Schwarzenegger's muscles on a man half Schwarzenegger's size. Or, better yet, don't imagine.

Ok, if you are curious, there are pics in this review, but remember that this information in on a want to know basis only, and you really, really don't want to know.

As you have probably noticed I have suffered a profound psychological trauma and am surely going to see nightmares for the rest of my life. Bugger.

Other than that, the movie was unremarkable. It was not boring in any way, but I just don't see any point in it.


No comments: