Saturday, February 14, 2004

TV

Can't bring myself to watch it. Not that I have an opportunity to do so right now, either, but I didn't usually watch it even when I did.

This is not a comment on the quality of the programming, or on having better things to do. It's just that the idea of following the program listings and remembering what's on and remembering to turn the TV on at an appropriate time is so alien to me. When I was a teenager in Boston I used to watch CNN Headline News every once in a while because I knew they were on every half an hour, but AFAIK they don't have anything like that in Finland (they do have CNN but it's on cable and has some actual programming that has to be found out and remembered), and anyway CNN has news on its webpage now, so why bother with TV?


No comments: