Monday, February 09, 2004

Good wishes to people in the news

There was an explosion in Moscow subway on Friday. Official numbers, whom Russians don't seem to trust (heh, I wonder why) are 39 dead and more than 100 wounded. Culprits: Chechen terrorists (most likely) or Putin (much less likely but I wouldn't be totally surprised). I wish speedy recovery to the wounded and slow and painful death to the terrorists, of course, though, failing that, fast and painful would also do.

Russians are tightening security, which likely means a lot of paper checks for people of Caucasian (obviously meaning natives of Caucasus and not all white people) appearance and possibly others. This is likely to cause problems to a friend of mine who is neither a terrorist nor a Chechen. I wish her luck.

I don't think that the cause of the terrorists, whether it be right or wrong, should be acknowledged in connection with the act. That is what terrorists usually want, after all. What should be acknowledged, however, is the thousands of Chechens and other Caucasians in Moscow who are either getting beaten up right now or do not dare to go out of their homes. I wish them luck too, unless they actually had something to do with the explosion, in which case I wish them a slow and painful death like mentioned above.

In other news, Israel has killed an Islamic Jihad leader, which is a good start. Unfortunately they killed a bystander too. Condolences to the bystander's family. To Israel I wish better aiming and killing the rest of the Islamic Jihad leaders without hitting a single bystander. To the Jihad leader I wish seventy-two 90-year-old virgin nuns from the Order of Eternal Virginity.

A Russian presidential candidate has disappeared and has now been found. Don't know where. Should I wish him a GPS device?

North Koreans are starving and UN's World Food Program is short of food and money. Hmm, could that be because the donors are tired of listening to nuclear threats from the country that hasn't even been able to feed itself for god knows how many years? I wish the North Koreans a new and better government. What I wish to the North Korean government I dare not write publicly for fear of being accused of being a sadistic psycho.

No comments: