Monday, August 01, 2005

The dumbass

The 21.7. terrorists were arrested, one of them (Hussain Osman) in Rome. He decided to talk to journalists, and claimed that he did not mean anything bad by trying to detonate a bomb. He just wanted to attract everyone's attention to the war in Iraq, and wouldn't hurt a fly, you know, that's why he blew up a detonator next to a big canister full of explosives.

"I hardly know anything. They only gave me a rucksack to carry on the Tube in London. We wanted to stage an attack, but only as a show. Who gave me the explosive? I don't know. I didn't know him. I don't remember. We didn't want to kill, we just wanted to scare people."

You take a bomb from somebody you don't know, believe that it won't explode for real, take it on a subway with you and press the button? Hey, somebody please contact Darwin Awards. I think we got this year's winner right here. (Assuming that Darwin Awards accept cases of people unable to breed due to being locked up for life.)

Hell, and I thought that I heard the dumbest excuse ever when a relative of mine was on the jury in the trial of a drunk driver who claimed that he drank a bottle of vodka after his accident while waiting for police to arrive.

No comments: